Sunday, November 3, 2019

My Old Books - 11/3/19

 Hello!
I have quite a few old books that I have bought on my shelf and I thought it would be kind of interesting to show all of them! (They're pretty much some of my most prized-possessions so I don't mind showing them off as well;) ) I can't be exactly sure on the actual dates that some of them were printed (especially since I really don't understand all of the copyright dates), but I will roughly show them by the latest dates to the earliest!





                        1.  American Literary Readings by Leonidas Warren Payne, Jr. -1985                                                       
                             
                            
I know, 1985 is not that old, but this book looked so cool and I knew most of the authors it had works from! And, it was probably around $2.00.

                              2. The Civil War Digest by Ralph Newman and E.B. Long -1961



I haven't read this yet (you'll be hearing that often), but this book had such cool pictures in it and the side was so pretty! :D

                                               3. Bleak House by Charles Dickens -1946


I haven't read this either, (mainly because it's 881 pages of tiny print) but I have seen the mini series and I really liked it! A couple of the pages have fallen out, but I'm still happy I got it!

                                                            4. Heidi by Johanna Spyri - 1943


 
This was the first book that I ever bought with my own money. I got it at a thrift antique shop, and I actually have read this one and really liked it!

                                 5. Anne of Windy Poplars by Lucy Maud Montgomery -1936


I actually had to go look on my Goodreads to see if I'd read this or not, and I have, but I remember not being too fond of it. It just wasn't as good as the others before it in the series. But, it was in a set with another one of the books so I decided it was worth buying (it's also really pretty)!

                                              6. The Spy James Fenimore Cooper - 1934 

I got this book at the library once and never read, and now that I own it I still haven't read it. But, when buying books, I can't resist a pretty cover, and I can never resist buying an old book. Something about old books is just so appealing!

                                    7. Anne of the Island by Lucy Maud Montgomery -1915



Along with Anne of Windy Poplars, I didn't think that this book lived up to the two other books before it. It wasn't a terrible book, but something was very lacking in it. But, this isn't a book review post so I will say no more! :)

                                     8. Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery -1909



This is my absolute favorite book in the Anne of Green Gables series! I think I have read this book three times, and when I found this I already owned it but I'm so happy I got this copy!

                                            9. Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan -1881




This is my most favorite book that I own! I haven't even read the real version of this book yet, but it'll forever be the most prized book on my shelf! As you can see it is very old, and the cover is falling off, so it's a little un-readable, but I love owning a book so old.

Thanks for reading this post! I don't own that many old books, but every time I look over at my shelf and see all of the books that I have bought over the years, it makes me so happy to see them all!

- Amelia



















1 comment:

Jasmine Autumn said...

Awesome!! :D Love this post! Thanks for sharing :D

Post a Comment

All of my Art Supplies- 3/22/20

Hello! I hope everyone is doing well!  I just thought I would post today to show you all of the art supplies I own! Okay, to start I&#...